EXCLUSIVE: Yemeni Forces Continue Advance in Ta’iz Province
TEHRAN (FNA)– The Yemeni army and popular forces made remarkable advances in the Southern parts of Ta’iz province, Yemeni sources disclosed on Wednesday.
“The Yemeni forces massively targeted and hit the military positions of the Saudi forces in Sharaf al-An mountains in Jabal Habashi city in Ta’iz province,” a Yemeni source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told FNA on Tuesday.
The Yemeni army and popular forces also hit hard al-Akma military positions in al-Masrakh city and Sabi military positions in Hayfan city in Ta’iz province.
Meantime, Yemeni political analyst Hamid Rezq said that the US is endeavoring to change the region’s geopolitical shape even if it costs the lives of tens of thousands and displacing hundreds of thousands more.
In a relevant development earlier today, the Yemeni continued their advances in the Western part of Yemen, killing senior pro-Hadi militia commander in tough battle and cutting the supply line of the Saudi and Emirati forces in Ma’rib.
“Over 20 pro-Hadi militias, including their senior commander Colonel Mohammad Abde, were killed in fierce clashes with the militants over the past 24 hours,” Senior Ansarullah commander Ebrahim al-Shari told FNA.
He noted that the Yemeni forces also cut the supply lines of the Saudi and the UAE forces in Ma’rib province.
“The popular forces have taken full control of villages in Northern Ma’rib province and seized several Saudi military vehicles.”
Also on Monday, the Yemeni army and popular forces inflicted heavy casualties and losses on the Saudi and the Emirati forces in al-Jawf province, killing scores of them in heavy clashes.
Scores of militants were killed and wounded and their armored military vehicles were also destroyed in al-Khalifain front, FNA dispatches said.
Meantime, a group of other Yemeni forces killed a number of Saudi troops in al-Khanjar military base in al-Jawf province.
The Sabrin al-Maraziq region was also the scene of heavy clashes between the Yemeni forces and Saudi soldiers.
Also on Monday, the Yemeni forces seized back a strategic military base in Southern Saudi Arabia in tough battle with the kingdom’s soldiers.
Al-Nahuqa military base in Najran province came under the full control of the Yemeni forces.
The Yemeni popular forces launched rocket attacks on Al-Nahuqa military base and then the Yemeni army entered the base.
The Saudi forces fled the military base as soon as the Yemeni soldiers entered it.
Al-Nahuqa military base’s watchtower and an armored military vehicle were destroyed during the Yemeni forces’ attacks.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 333 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 8,300 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
Over 3,750 schools have been closed and at least 1.2 million Yemeni people have been displaced so far.