Over 70 Dead in Saudi Airstrikes on Yemen in Last 24 Hours ~ Yemen Updates: 9 June 2015
TEHRAN (FNA)– Saudi airstrikes resulted in the deaths of at least 70 civilians in the past 24 hours alone.
According to latest media reports, more than 70 people were reported dead across Yemen as Saudi military aircraft continued their deadly attacks on the Arab country from late Monday until Tuesday evening.
The kingdom’s air raids pounded more than seven provinces including Sana’a, Sa’ada and Hajjah.
Earlier today, three women were killed after Saudi warplanes pounded a district in the Northwestern Yemeni province of Sa’ada.
The kingdom’s airstrikes targeted Maran district early on Tuesday and claimed the lives of three women.
In a similar case of assault, residential areas in Hidan district in Sa’ada were also pummeled by the monarchy’s attacks.
There has been no reports of possible casualties so far.
Saudi Arabia has been bombing Yemen in the last 76 days to bring its ally, fugitive president Mansour Hadi, back to power.
The airstrikes have so far claimed the lives of more than 4,500 civilians, mostly women and children.
According to a recent report by Freedom House Foundation, most of the victims of the deadly Al Saud campaign are civilians, including a large number of women and children.
Saudi Air Raids Yemen
غارات جوية وقصف صاروخي للعدوان السعودي على مناطق في حرض وميدي
Wide Popular Condemnation of the Saudi Aggression Yemen
استنكار شعبي واسع لهمجية عدوان ال سعود
Outcome of Saudi Aggression on Yemen 8 June 2015
محصلة العدوان ليوم الاثنين 8-6-2015
9 June 2015 23:00
Yemen’s Ansarullah fighters along with army units gained control over a Saudi military base near the two countries’ borderline. According to Yemeni media reports, the Ansarullah forces supported by the army soldiers took over Saudi Arabia’s al-Shorfa military base across the Yemeni border town of Sa’ada after storming the region in a retaliation attack. The reports added that Saudi soldiers fled the…
9 June 2015 22:52
Saudi soldiers are running away from their positions to avoid confrontation with invading Yemeni troops after the latter pushed deep into the kingdom’s border city of Najran on Tuesday. Reports said the Yemeni soldiers have made huge, but easy gains in their battle against the monarchy’s troops in Najran heights, forcing them to escape the the battlefront in disordered fashion. The reports…
9 June 2015 22:41
The United Nations (UN) has warned against the deteriorating humanitarian situation in Yemen, which has been the target of military strikes by Saudi Arabia for over two months. In excess of 15 million Yemenis face a lack of basic healthcare; as many as 53 health facilities have been closed and malnutrition has been on the rise in Yemen, Stéphane Dujarric, a…
9 June 2015 22:13
The Yemeni army and popular committees stormed the military post of al-Shurfa in the bordering city of Najran, destroying many vehicles, as the Saudi soldiers escaped. The Yemeni forces remained in the post for a period of time and seized the weapons and equipment left by the Saudi soldiers. The Saudi warplanes continued on Tuesday raiding the various Yemeni provinces, killing and…
9 June 2015 22:03
Salafi-Takfiri forces and pro-Hadi militants trained in Saudi Arabia have been deployed near the border with Yemen under the guise of Bahraini troops, a source said Tuesday. An informed Yemeni source announced today that hundreds of Saudi-led Yemeni radical forces pretending to be Bahraini soldiers are stationed near Yemen’s border areas. The source added that Riyadh is providing military training for hundreds…
9 June 2015 18:58
Saudi Arabia will definitely fail to achieve its objectives in the military campaign it has launched against Yemen, a senior military adviser to Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said. “The failure of Saudis in reaching the objectives they had announced will be definite, God willing,” Major General Seyed Yahya Rahim Safavi told an academic meeting in…
9 June 2015 13:57
Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah says the truth of the Saudi war on Yemen should be revealed to the world in a bid to prevent aggressors from imposing their own will on the Yemeni nation. Nasrallah stated that the entire world should be aware of the heinous atrocities being committed in Yemen, and unite in the face of aggressors, Lebanon’s…
9 June 2015 7:44
The Yemeni army along with popular committees has launched rocket and mortar attacks against Saudi military bases in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern Jizan region. Over 40 rockets and dozens of artillery shells were fired during the early Tuesday retaliatory attacks, al-Masirah TV reported. Later on Tuesday, Saudi jets carried out several raids on Yemen’s Defense Ministry in the capital Sana’a. Earlier on Monday, at…
9 June 2015 7:43
Zionist US President Barack Obama has been sued by families of two Yemeni men, Salem bin Ali Jaber and Waleed bin Ali Jaber, who were killed in a drone strike in 2012. The families have lodged a wrongful death lawsuit against the Obama administration for the August 2012 incident that “violated the laws of war and norms of customary international law.” The…