URGENT: 100 Dead, 300 Injured in Fresh Saudi Attack in Sana’a ~ WHO: Loss of more lives can no longer continue ~ Yemen Updates: 27 May 2015
TEHRAN (FNA)– At least 100 people were killed and 300 others sustained serious injuries as Saudi warplanes severely hit the Yemeni capital city of Sana’a on Wednesday.
In their 63rd day of their aggression against Yemen, the Saudi fighter jets pounded various areas in the capital on Wednesday evening and left more than 100 civilians dead and 300 others wounded.
Saudi Arabia has been bombing Yemen in the last 63 days to bring its ally, fugitive president Mansour Hadi, back to power.
The airstrikes have so far claimed the lives of more than 4,060 civilians, mostly women and children.
According to a recent report by Freedom House Foundation, most of the victims of the deadly Al Saud campaign are civilians, including a large number of women and children.
Thousands of residential buildings have been destroyed, and hundreds of civil and public facilities were reduced to rubble as a result of the bombardments by Saudi warplanes on the Yemeni cities and towns, the group said.
GENEVA, May 28 (Saba) – The World Health Organization (WHO) has expressed its deep concern regarding continuity of the air strikes on Yemen which kill more civilians daily, and affirmed that these loss in lives is not acceptable to continue.
Director of the WHO, Margret Chan, said in a statement on Wednesday, that the continuous air attacks against Yemen has killed 2000 people and injured 8000 others.
She made clear that 8.6 million people in Yemen need urgent medical assistance, noting that the medicines sent to Yemen earlier, estimated at 48 tons, could only serve 400 thousand people.
“People’s sufferings will continue not only because of the war injuries but also because they cannot access the basic medication,” said Chan.
She warned of a real danger haunting health of millions of people in Yemen, signaling that many hospitals across the country had closed their emergency operation rooms due to staff and fuel shortages.
She also noted the wide violations of the International Humanitarian Law and Geneva Conventions with respect to the protection of health facilities and medical workers.
GENEVA, May 27 (Saba) – Oxfam has warned of a health crisis in Yemen as 16 million people have no access to drinking water.In a statement issued on Tuesday stated that nearly two-thirds of the Yemeni population live without access to drinking water due to air strikes, armed clashes, and lack of fuel in the country.”People are being forced to drink unsafe water as a result of the disintegration of local water systems, bringing the real risk of life-threatening illnesses, such as malaria, cholera, and diarrhea.”The Organization said that digging unprotected wells or relying on water being trucked in has become unavailable option to millions of Yemenis. “Oxfam data from four governorates shows that the price of trucked water has now almost tripled.””If the fighting, the fuel shortages, the lack of medical supplies, lack of sleep due to bombing, and the spiraling prices were not enough, now nearly two-thirds of Yemenis are at risk of being without clean water or sanitation services,” said Grace Ommer, the country director for Yemen Oxfam.
“This is equivalent to the populations of Berlin, London, Paris and Rome combined,” Ommer added.
Fuel costs and availability have factored into the water shortages as well. “Local authorities in 11 cities (including Aden, Hodaida and Sana’a) have appealed to humanitarian organizations to provide them with more than 2 million liters of fuel needed to continue pumping water to the millions that rely on their water supply systems,” the statement said.
Ommer underlined that Yemen needs an urgent cease-fire, and the opening of trade routes to enable vital supplies enter Yemen.
“Anything short of this will usher a health disaster to add to the pile of miseries that Yemenis are facing,” Ommer said.
مجزرة جديدة للعدوان السعودي في العاصمة وسقوط عشرات الشهداء والجرحى
Saudi Bombing of Sana’a Yemen 27 May 2015
27 May 2015 19:46
Yemeni Hezbollah and Army inflicted losses upon the terrorists trying to enter Dar-e Sad in Aden and killed many of the terrorists.
27 May 2015 19:43
URGENT- Saudi Coalition, the protector of Zionist Israel and enemies of Islam, targeted Medical Faculty in Hudaida and martyred 5 medical students, wounded 19. The attacks of Zionist Saudi Arabi and puppet coalition are the same with the attacks of Slaughterer Zionist Israel on Palestine. Source: İslami Davet (Our Turkish Website)
27 May 2015 19:38
Saudi coalition, the protector of Zionist Israel and enemies of Islam, targeted headquarter of Yemeni Special Forces in San’aa and martyred 40 Yemeni soldiers, wounded 100. Source: İslami Davet (Our Turkish Website)
27 May 2015 19:34
BREAKING- Saudi Coalition, the protector of Israel and enemies of Islam, targeted houses and killed 30 civilians in Hejja. Source: İslami Davet (Our Turkish Website)
27 May 2015 18:55
Iran’s Foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif urged Saudi Arabia to end its military campaign in Yemen, saying the war would “bring harm” to the kingdom, Al-Alam TV reports. Iran has repeatedly condemned a Saudi-led air offensive against Yemeni people. Zarif’s remarks from Kuwait, where he was attending a meeting of the Islamic Organisation Conference (IOC), was one of Tehran’s most direct…
27 May 2015 18:12
Yemeni Army Hits Saudi Military Bases with over 40 Rockets Informed sources confirmed on Wednesday that the Yemeni Armed Forces alongside the popular forces targeted the Saudi Arabia military bases with more than 40 rockets, Al-Alam TV reports. The sources said that the Yemeni forces fired as many as 40 rockets at a Saudi military base in the area of al-Tuwal…
27 May 2015 18:04
A court in Germany has rejected a case filed against the German government by relatives of two victims of a 2012 US drone attack in Yemen that calls for the European country to hold responsibility for hosting a US air base used for deadly drone attacks. The men, who have lost two relatives in the airstrike, were not present in the…
27 May 2015 17:45
The Yemeni army, backed by fighters from Popular Committees, has targeted Saudi military bases near the border between the two countries. According to media outlets on Wednesday, the Yemeni forces fired as many as 40 rockets at a Saudi military base in the area of al-Tuwal in the Jizan region of southwestern Saudi Arabia. The Yemeni forces also targeted the Saudi military…
27 May 2015 17:35
Fresh attacks by Saudi Arabian warplanes in two provinces in Yemen have killed at least 79 people and injured more than 100 others. The Wednesday attacks targeted Sana’a and Hajjah provinces in Yemen’s west and northwest, respectively. The Al Mayadeen satellite television reported that Saudi aerial offensive against a military center in the Yemeni capital Sana’a killed 40 people. At least…
27 May 2015 10:42
Yemen’s Freedom House organization reported that more than 4000 civilians have been killed by the Saudi-led war on Yemen. According to its seventh statistical report on the humanitarian status in Yemen, Freedom House said that the US-backed aggression has so far killed 4021, among them 576 children and 261 women.War on Yemen The report said that 7017 civilians were injured, including 1121…
27 May 2015 10:39
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has expressed disappointment with the postponement of a planned initiative on a peaceful resolution of the crisis in Yemen. The decision to delay peace talks talks, which had been planned to be organized in the Swiss city of Geneva on May 28, was made after a request by the Saudi-based Yemeni government headed by fugitive former…
27 May 2015 10:35
Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has urged the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to take serious action to deal with problems facing the Muslim world, particularly the ongoing war in Yemen. “The Organization of Islamic Cooperation should seriously address this important issue of the Muslim world and bring Yemeni groups to the table to end this disaster,” Zarif said…
27 May 2015 10:12
The Yemeni army, backed by Houthi Ansarullah fighters, has attacked Saudi tanks near Saudi’s border with Yemen, reports say. The attacks, launched late on Tuesday, targeted a number of Saudi tanks in the country’s southwestern city of Najran near the border with Yemen. Earlier, a news channel close to the Ansarullah movement released new footage showing Yemeni fighters capturing the al-Makhrouq military…