EXCLUSIVE: Kurdish Commander says Turkey Training ISIL to Fight against Kurdish Forces in Syria
Sipan Hemo, general commander of the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) in Syria’s Kurdistan region, disclosed that Turkey is training the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) Takfiri terrorists in its military camps to prepare them for the fight against the YPG forces in Syria.
“There are different camps in Turkey that are training the ISIL forces,” ANHA news agency quoted Hemo as saying on Saturday.
He underlined that Turkey has been involved in all activities that have taken place so far against the Syrian Kurdish forces.
Last month, YPG Spokesman Redur Khalil disclosed that the ISIL Takfiri terrorists have been using banned weapons in their recent attacks on the town of Kobani.
“The terrorists have used banned weapons in their recent attacks,” Khalil told FNA.
He noted that the scars on the dead bodies of the YPG forces who have been killed in the warfronts with the ISIL militants indicate that the terrorists have used unconventional weapons to break the resistance of Kobani defenders.
“We need heavy weapons for driving the terrorists out of the region, we do not need dispatch of forces because we have our own fighters who can change the balance of war against the terrorists in the region if they have weapons,” Khalil said.
The YPG spokesman pointed to the recent stances of the Turkish government on regional developments, and said, “The government of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has so far adopted a dual-approach policy towards regional developments and Ankara’s stances on ISIL terrorists are not transparent and all the forces who have come from abroad and joined the ranks of ISIL terrorists have entered Syria through Turkey.”
The YPG spokesman further asked for the formation of a regional front against ISIL, and said these are the regional nations who should form a coalition against the terrorist group, and not those states that are from outside the region.
- YPG Commander: Turkey Training ISIL to Fight against Kurdish Forces in Syria
- YPG Spokesman: ISIL Using Banned Weapons in Kobani
- Kurdish YPG forces kill 16 ISIL terrorists in northern Syria
- Syrian Kurd Commander Blasts Coalition Forces for Meager Attacks on ISIL
- 35 ISIL Terrorists Killed by Kurdish Forces in Syria
- Kobani Kurdish forces repel ISIL attack
- Warplanes flying from Turkey bomb ISIL positions in Syria: Reports
- Kurdish fighters repel fresh ISIL attack on Kobani
- Kurdish population in Northern Syria: Turkey should stop its backhanded support for the ISIL
- Kurdish Parties in Syria Sign ‘Dohuk’ Deal to Fight ISIL