Hezbollah: US Bombing Iraqi Army, Popular Forces’ Positions Not ISIL
Iraq’s Hezbollah Battalions complained that US warplanes have intentionally bombarded the positions of the Iraqi army and the volunteer forces in the Northern Babil province for the second time in the last month on the pretext of targeting ISIL strongholds.
“The intentional bombing of armed forces and popular forces shows wicked intentions of the US and the international cover-up of this attempt on the pretext of fighting ISIL,” an informed source from Iraq’s Hezbollah Battalions told the Arabic-language Al-Moslah news website.
“Had the United States been honest in its claims, it would have targeted the ISIL positions in Jorf Al-Sakhar, Faloujah, and other regions identified by us instead of striking the Army and popular forces in Al-Awisat in Northern Babil last Wednesday,” the source said.
He further said the US had used smart bombs and missiles in targeting the Iraqi army and popular forces twice in the last one month, and stressed that this could not have happened by mistake as the munitions used in the operations were smart and equipped with hi-tech.
Hezbollah called for the vigilance of the Iraqi people against the US double-standard policies in Iraq.
In a statement last Monday, the same group strongly rejected any cooperation with the US-led coalition against the ISIL, and said, “The coalition being formed against the ISIL which is led by the US is a prelude to a new occupation plot.”
The Hezbollah Battalions urged the Iraqi nation to be vigilant against the scenarios of the West, specially the US, and their mercenaries in the region, implying that the ISIL is working for the US.
“We believe that demanding help from the US means a confiscation (by the US) of the Iraqi nation and people’s resistance against terrorism and the pain and agony that they have had to suffer for protecting Iraq’s unity,” the statement said.
“We believe that the US is responsible for Iraq’s problems and challenges and we do not have any hope in the United States,” it added.
The Battalions also urged Iraq’s religious authorities and elites as well as other layers of the society from different walks of life to take straightforward stances about the current developments and the US meddling in the country before it’s too late.
ATO heads of state convened in the Welsh city of Newport on 4-5 September and US Secretary of State John Kerry and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel told foreign and defense ministers participating in the NATO summit that the US was forming a broad international coalition against ISIL.
Ministers from the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, Australia, Turkey, Italy, Poland and Denmark met in Wales to hammer out a strategy for battling ISIL, but the policy was questioned by many regional officials and political leaders.
After the so-called US-led coalition against the ISIL declared its creation, Iran also lashed out at the western states for pursuing a double-standard policy towards campaign against terrorism in various countries.
“Iran believes in a real and nonselective fight against terrorism in the region and the world,” Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir Abdollahian said on Saturday.
Amir Abdollahian stressed that the Islamic Republic was the first country to assist Iraq in the fight against terrorism.
The Iranian deputy foreign minister also stated that Tehran will continue to fully support Iraq and Syria in the battle against terrorism.